What it does
TamperLock mode locks a source or meter so they can only be turned on an off, and a reference taken.
A source and meter can both be set "permanently" to a required λ and dB mode for loss testing.
A power meter only can be set to a required λ and dBm for transmission power testing.
A source can be set to a particular tone & λ for use with a fiber identifier.
The mode can be exited if needed, for example if it is found to be incorrect while deployed on a different job.
To prevent tampering, it's status can be tracked by a unique user PIN code.
Unique user benefits
- Useful for repetitive measurements to avoid mistakes, reduce skill, and work faster
- The same instruments can be set up for different applications, rather than having to buy multiple very basic instruments for each application.
- Improve test traceability and quality.
- Escape mechanism for when it's inappropriate.
- Designed to be managed by one or more supervisors.